NSP Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities:
The prime minister’s New 15 point program for the welfare of minorities was announced in June 2006. The scholarship at the pre-matric level will encourage parents from minority communities to send their school-going children to school. lighten their financial burden on school education and sustain their efforts to support their children to complete school education. Their children and by supporting the efforts of educating their children.
Eligibility criteria for Minorities children:
- The applicant should be a student of the notified minority communities ( Muslim, Christian, Jain, Buddhist, Sikh, and Zoroastrian(Parsis))
- Be studying in class 1 to 10
- The applicant should be pursuing studies in India in government or a recognized private University/Institute/College/School.
- The applicant should have secured 50% marks in the last annual board/class examination.
- Have a family income of not more than INR 1 lakh per annum from all sources.
- Domicile certificate
- Self-certified community certificate by the student
- Self-attested copy of previous academic mark sheet
- Copy of Aadhar Enrollment/Aadhar Card
- Income certificate issued by a competent authority in the State/UT Government
- Proof of bank account in the name of the student or joint account with mother/father
The candidates will be selected through the following criteria –
Weightage will be given according to the financial need of the applicant rather than the marks obtained. In case the family income and the marks of the two applicants are the same, the result will be generated according to the ‘Date of Birth’ and preference will be given to the senior applicant.
The scholar will be eligible for the renewal of the scholarship if obtained 50% in the previous year’s examinations in the same course and at the same institute.
Actual financial assistance will be provided for admission/tuition fee and maintenance allowance as given below subject to a maximum ceiling indicated against the item concerned:
Rate of scholarships:
|1||Admission fee for Class 6 to 10 per annum||Rs.500/-||Rs.500/-|
|2||Tuition fee for Class 6 to 10 per month||Rs. 350/-||Rs. 350/-|
|3||Maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year ( Class 1 to 5 ) per month||———–||Rs. 100/-|
|4||Maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year ( Class 6 to 10 ) per month||Rs. 600/-||———–|
|5||Maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year ( Class 6 to 10 ) per month||———–||Rs. 100/-|
Given below is the tentative schedule of the scholarships scheme
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Scholarship Closing Date:||15th November 2021|
|Last date for defect verification:||15th December 2021|
|Last date for Institute verification:||15th December 2021|
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps –
1. Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link below.
2. Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and ‘Continue’.
3. Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
4. Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
5. Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
6. The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
7. Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
8. An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Last Date to Apply: 15-11-2021
Application mode: via Online only
Short Url: Apply Now